King James Authorised Version (KJV) - 400th Anniversary Edition Bible
- ISBN 10:
217 x 161 x 40
Hardback with Jacket
Please note: No offers, promotions or discounts can be applied to this product
Read the book which shaped our nation - enjoy this unique King James Authorised Version - 400th Anniversary Edition Bible.
This new edition celebrates one of the the world’s bestselling texts with a modern, clear presentation and lots of additional and informative material which will help you engage with this classic text.
First published in 1611, the KJV is recognised as the definitive translation of the Bible. For 400 years the KJV has shaped so much of our culture - language, literature, art, education - with many of us regularly using phrases and sayings without realising their origin in the Bible. It is widely acclaimed for its majestic style and poetic rhythms.
- Foreword by HRH The Prince of Wales.
- Modern ultra-clear typography.
- Easy to read with sub-headings and popular line illustrations by Horace Knowles.
Additional material to help the reader browse, explore, interpret and engage with the text:
- Classic King James Version translation
- Introduction discussing the importance of the Bible in 1611 and in today's society
- A-Z list of over 300 classic phrases rooted in the KJV that are now part of everyday language.
- Summary of famous and best known Bible stories with references to text.
- Glossary of archaic or ambiguous words.
- Specially compiled state-of-the-Art Concordance containing almost 18,000 terms.
- New Names index with a complete set of references for each name.
- Helpful summaries to each book of the Bible.
- Illustrated Biblical and agricultural calendars.
- One-year Bible reading plan.
- Presentation page.
- Hardback with dust jacket.
'The King James Bible is a Magna Carta for the poor and oppressed:the most democratic book in the world.' Theodore Roosevelt, speaking in 1912.
'There is no doubt in my mind that the King James Bible not Shakespeare set this language on its path to become a universal language on a scale unprecedented before or since.' Melvyn Bragg.