Sources of Wisdom (OCR)
A student workbook for OCR GCSE Religious Studies (9-1). ‘Sources of Wisdom’ is a new range of resources which addresses the increased focus on sacred texts in the new GCSE specifications by exploring how the Bible is a ‘source of wisdom and authority’ for Christians, and how it influences Christian beliefs, teaching and practices.
£3.50Currently out of stock
Published date: 23 June 2017
Produced for Bible Society by RE Today Services.
- helps students to unlock the meaning of the passages by providing definitions and contextual information
- uses varied tasks to get the students thinking about how the Bible connects to Christian beliefs and practices.
The 25 topics featured include...
- An Overview of the Bible - why is the Bible a ‘source of wisdom’?
- Do all Christians believe the same things about the creation of the world?
- The Fall of Mankind - What went wrong?
- The story of Job
- Christians believe that Jesus was ‘the Word’ – what does that mean?
- Why is the Resurrection a key belief in Christianity?
- Christians believe that Jesus saved them - but how?
- Pentecost - what do Christians believe about the Holy Spirit?
- The sheep and the goats - What do Christians believe about eschatology?
- What does the Bible say about Baptism?
You can download these resources and find out more about our education resources here.